Wednesday, January 17

Got my glitter out...


Lucky me there was one sheet left of this heavy duty patterned paper with the white inside to make the base card.
Then enough left over to cut the strip and stamp the verse, unknown company, using StazOn jet black ink.
Once that was attached it was time to cut out the Stampin' Up ornaments using my BigKick and glitter gold and white card stock.
To make them look like they are hanging I cut a strip of black glitter taped for each.

Sometimes I just want to write...


As in the case of this card.
I wanted to add the color if the card stock onto the black card stock strip and had no inks for it.
Instead I used a colored pencils and wrote it myself.
The base card is black card stock.
The main piece is cream card stock that a while ago I used a real leaf and Distress Oxide black soot ink to produce the leaf image.

Catching the birthday gift bug...


This challenge asked for anything but a card that could be used at a birthday party.
I have an old Aleene's box maker, not unlike the score boards that I use to make boxes.
You could find instructions anywhere on the web by Googling "box instructions with card stock".
After making the box, mine will hold candy as everyone's favor, I cut 7 strips of black card stock, the size you want to the size of your box, and punches holes near the ends with my 1/16" punch.
Digging through my brads I found a large black circle brad and once I folded the strips over I threaded them onto the brad before pushing the brad through the small hole I made at the top of the box.
Instant bow.
I printed out the Bugaboo stamps "pumpkin crow" onto white card stock and colored it with my very old Design colored pencils.
I trimmed him out and added him to the box.

Day 3 for coloring...

I've decided to catch up on the "Catch the Bug Birthday Challenges" today but I will also be doing the 30 Day Coloring Challenge with this post!


and


I still had the Sharpies on my work table and decided to use the penguin birthday digi from Bugaboo Stamps again.
This time I did the "cartoon" look by filling it all in then cutting it out with scissors.
The base card is white card stock with a layer of yellow plaid card stock.
Then I took a strip of white card stock and ran it through the BigKick with the Cuttlebug "birthday" embossing folder.
Since it already had the sentiment I decided not to put one on the card front.
I attached the penguin with glue dots adding layers of them under the balloons to make them "pop".




Tuesday, January 16

Catching the bug on Day 2...

Yesterday I looked at the Daily Marker to find what was being used on the first day of the 30 day challenge.
Sharpies!!!
So into the stash for my son in the basement and found some colors.

and


The image for coloring is a Bugaboo free digital image for their birthday celebration.
I printed it onto white card stock and colored it with Sharpies, not art like but zen like.
I doodled in each open area.
After coloring I trimmed it out with scissors.
The base card is white card stock with a layer of yellow with white hearts card stock, by Lawn Fawn.
Then I applied the penguin.
I chose not to use a verse...yet!